CREAMY SQUASH SOUP food and its benefits in Ayurveda
This soup has recently gained our love since it is creamy and filling, making it ideal for satisfying cozy fall desires. It's simple to make and only requires ten ingredients, so make a big quantity today and eat soup all week! Happy fall! With its nutty, sweet flavor and plenty of vitamins E, thiamine, niacin, vitamin B-6, folate, pantothenic acid, and manganese, butternut squash is a favorite among many, especially in the winter.
CREAMY SQUASH SOUP Ingredients:
There are only 10 basic ingredients required to make this simple butternut squash soup recipe:
- This soup contains 3 pounds of butternut squash, so search for a medium-sized one at the grocery store or farmers market. I advise weighing the squash when you buy it if you don't have a scale at home.
- Garlic and yellow onion are two vegetables that give food a delightful depth of flavor.
- Sage and rosemary are still in season. I don't use rosemary as frequently as some other fresh herbs, but I adore it in this dish. It adds warmth and complexity to this soup together with the sage.
- Ginger's warm flavor brings out the herbs and squash's seasonal flavors.
- Two teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil offer the ideal amount of richness.
- Vegetable broth - No dairy, coconut milk, or almonds are required because the blended squash thickens on its own. This vegan butternut squash soup recipe uses vegetable broth as the foundation.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper along with the onion at the beginning of cooking, but the taste and adjust as needed while the dish cooks. You can then create a soup that you enjoy!
cut the vegetables first! Add the squash and continue cooking until it starts to soften after the onion has gone translucent in the pan. After that, incorporate ginger, garlic, and herbs. Add the stock, then cook the squash for about 20 minutes, or until it is soft.
Transfer the soup to a blender once the squash is tender. Blend the soup until it is smooth and a bright orange colour. Pour it into dishes, top with pepitas and chopped parsley, and then enjoy!
What to Serve with Butternut Squash Soup?
Use this soup as a starter, side dish, or main course. When I make it the centerpiece of a meal, I serve it with a simple vegetable side or autumn salad, along with nice crusty bread, homemade focaccia, avocado toast, or corn muffins.
The sattvic, alkalinizing, and Ojas-building butternut squash soup helps remove extra fluid and is of a sattvic nature (immunity). It will fill you with a tonne of nourishing energy and give you a long-lasting sense of fulfillment and grounding. According to Ayurveda, butternut squash's sweet flavor and heaviness properties balance Pitta and Vata dosha. It is suitable for all types of diets, including Pitta, Vata, Pitta Vata, and Vata Pitta. Squashes should not be consumed before they are fully mature since they are difficult to digest and can exacerbate all three doshas.