6 Amazing Health benefits of Lentils
There are several health benefits of Lentils. Let’s have a quick read through few of them:
- Lentils have very high levels of soluble fiber which helps Lower cholesterol levels which reduces your risk of heart disease and stroke by keeping your arteries clean.
- Insoluble dietary fiber found in them helps prevent constipation and other digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome and diverticulosis.
- Lentils include all beneficial nutrients like proteins, vitamins, fiber, and minerals. They also help in reducing body weight and keeps you energetic for long time.
- Lentils are also a good source of iron, which transports oxygen throughout your body and is key to energy production and metabolism.
- Lentils are rich source of Iron which helps in keeping oxygen pumping throughout your body.
- Lentils are highly rich in Folic acid content which is very important for Pregnant women. Folic acid also supports healthy hair growth and can lower the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Though lentils are generally safe, over consumption leads to gas, flatulence, cramping and constipation. People who experience allergies due to lentils must avoid consuming them and consult a physician.